1. What about building regulations? Who makes sure the mezzanine design, manufacture and installation are fully compliant?
We will, if you want us to. On most projects Romstor takes full responsibility for this aspect. We will ensure that every aspect of the build is fully checked and approved.
2. From placement of order, what is the time process until installation?
Our current delivery schedule is 4 to 5 weeks, and is made up of the following:
Week 1 - Detailed site survey carried out by qualified engineer
Week 2 - Detailed drawings submitted to client for his/her approval
Week 3 - Manufacture of steelwork
Week 4 - Installation of mezzanine floor
3. I would like the area beneath the mezzanine floor to have the least amount of columns possible.
A 3.0m x 3.0m column grid is often the most cost effective way of designing a mezzanine floor, however it's not the most practical. Space is important to us all, and with this is mind Romstor will design the mezzanine to suit the customers individual requirements.
4. How long does it take to install a mezzanine floor?
Based on a clear and level site, we would expect our installation teams to install approximately 50.0 sq metres per working day.
5. Will the installation affect my day- to -day business?
The area in which the mezzanine floor is to be constructed will be sealed off, whilst the mezzanine floor is being installed for health and safety reasons. We can however work outside normal working hours, either evenings or weekends.
6. Do I need to obtain my landlord's permission?
You will need to let your landlord know of any intended changes to their building, and they will expect all work to comply with building regulations. We would suggest that all correspondence sent to your Local Authority be sent to your landlord for their said approval.
7. Are there any additional items I need to be aware of?
Mezzanine floors require lighting and smoke detector points below the mezzanine floor, there may also be a requirement to fire protect the underside of the mezzanine floor should it be used for office accommodation or a working facility. We will also need access to a fork-lift truck to off-load materials and assist in the installation of the mezzanine floor.
8. How can I best prepare the site for the arrival of the installation team?
Provide a clear site with unrestricted access to the area with utilities and services.
9. I have a question which is not covered here?
Please go to our contact page and email your question to us and we will endeavour to contact you a.s.a.p.